Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sakura Con, Part 1

Warning: this post contains lots of pics. I'll break it down into multiple posts. Part the First!

This weekend is Sakura Con in Seattle. It's an anime convention (pretend that last "e" has an accent over it, I'm way too lazy to figure out how to do that) and my daughter and her boyfriend really wanted to go, so I took them as an early birthday present for her.

I have never seen so many My Little Pony, Pokemon, or animal tails & ears cosplays in my life. Sadly, a lot of my pics came out a bit blurry, both because the lighting in the place is horrid (huge windows bringing in sunlight, causing all your pics to be backlit) or being unable to use flash. I took pics of ones that interested me, most of them I have no idea what character they are portraying, and a lot of the pics were on-the-go pics where I snagged someone as they were going so again not the best quality. You take what you can get!

You can click on the pictures to embiggen them.

My favorite cosplay of the day, from Studio Ghibli's "Howl's Moving Castle". When they walked, she would make the scarecrow "hop" as it does in the movie to walk, totally cool:



Second favorite cosplay. This guy is cosplaying as Captain Hammer from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. Explanation of why: when you go to big Conventions like this, that have cosplay, you have to bring your weapons to a security station to get checked, if they pass the regulations, you get green tape tied onto them to let the other door guards know.

 

See! He checked his fists with weapon security! HA!


Third favorite cosplay, from Monty Python's Holy Grail. Those coconuts do in fact make perfect horse hoof clopping sounds, it was really funny to follow her up the escalator because she made the noise the whole time! WIN!


















Magicarp!

Hei from Darker Than Black and Dr. Franken Stein from Soul Eater. The screw in his head could turn.


Variation on a Heartless from Kingdom Hearts
Dude was supertall. Slenderman. Be afraid.



White Mage from Final Fantasy hams it up.


Say Hello to my little friend

Hawkgirl - her wings folded down, truly awesome


Cosplay from the game "Catherine". The whole time I was talking to him I was thinking "Look at his face, look at his face."

Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke

red Scout (my daughter's BF Bailey) and blue Spy from Team Fortress 2



Wheatley man! Portal cosplay


BMO and Finn from Adventure Time






Awesome cosplay of Lumpy Space Princess from Adventure Time











Found the Mayor of SimCity! I couldn't seem to make him do anything, must be cause he's the Mayor.

Awwww poor Creeper.







Pretty cosplay from the game "Journey"










lady Link -   I love gender-bender cosplays.. like..
Sailor Moon!!  I'd watch the shit outta this version:

How about some lady Thor & Loki action?

Another view of lady Loki:

 Dunno what this is from, but awesome!


Bit of a twist on Rainbow Dash. Pony Power!

cosplay from Princess Mononoke, pic doesn't do justice to her amazing makeup

She really did paint her entire self in gold

Warhammer 40k - Badass props

another angle

A dragon! Megan wanted this outfit so she could wear it to school, especially the mask








I think he's compensating for something. Darksiders cosplay










No, they're not furries (well, I don't really know that).. Pokemon! Delphox and Braxien

Zelda is not amused

This elf had glowy stuff!

Not sure what this cosplay is, but the costume was SO ELABORATE!


The poor guy on the left could barely move. Cool cosplay, bro


No comments:

Post a Comment