Thursday, December 31, 2009

Gee I.. need some Joe

It's not that I didn't just LOVE the G.I. Joe movie more than life.. it's just that it was.. well.. horribly predictable. I admit I rented this more for my husband than myself. The only thing G.I. Joes are good for, IMO, is sitting on plastic horses. Hey... back in MY day the barbies weren't all bendy.

Pre-movie (me making dinner): Oh boy, I can't wait to see this movie. Cause you know it's all about the hot babe in skin tight armor (I might have said this in a slightly sarcastic tone)

Lem: what? who said there's a hot babe in this movie?

me: there's ALWAYS a hot babe.

*fast forward to movie time* *First 10 minutes of movie... crazy action sequence.. oh look, hot babe in skit-tight cleavage-revealing leather outfit*

me (to Lem): You can hear me saying it, can't you?

Lem: (small voice) yes.

And I'm sorry, but if the bad guy calls for the Sharks to be mobilized, then I expect to see FRICKIN SHARKS WITH FRICKIN LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR FRICKIN HEADS.. but noooo, they just had to be some dumb little submarine machine thingies. Disappointing, I must tell you Internet.

The ninjas were cool, though. In fact, the only thing cooler than ninjas fighting, is ninjas fighting amongst lots of cool mad scientist-looking electricity beams. Thumbs up for that sequence.

Oh and that guy? That whistling guy? He's from The Mummy. Yeah it was bugging the crap out of us for half the movie til I figured it out. You're welcome.

Del

3 comments:

  1. Nice...... yea, Between Scott, Nic and Trav, I've seen my share of 'Guys'....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, um, you might try renting, uh, maybe "Julie & Julia"....

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah yeah, that's on the schedule for later this weekend. Geesh!

    ReplyDelete