Friday, November 22, 2013

Smart is Sexy

I recently had a discussion with a friend about this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmEbF2uhsZk   (NSFW/NSFK)

I feel this way about the people I associate with. I don't want to be around boring, unintelligent, uninspiring people. I want to have witty, snarky conversations, talking about current events and books and movies and geeky stuffs. It never ceases to amaze me when guys drool over bimbos with big boobs and dream of having them for girlfriends. Okay, you get the outside package, but then when you're taking a break from the physical side of your relationship, what the hell do you do together? I can't imagine spending my life with someone that I found dull, it would be an interminable drudgery.

I love reading. I devour books at a rapacious rate, which is both good and horrible because I run out of reading material at hand unless I plan ahead and have a stack of books ready. I love talking to other people that read. What are you reading? Have you read this? What did you think of that book? I will never run out of books that I want to read, just the thought of that excites me and fires my imagination.

Cleverness, kindness, curiosity, passion. All these things inspire me much more than a pretty face or sculpted abs. When will society realize what's really important?


No comments:

Post a Comment